So alot of my friends did the whole 30 Days of Thankfulness on facebook. Basically every day they wrote something they were thankful for on their facebook status. I enjoyed reading them, but for some reason I decided not to participate. I don't really have a good reason. I have a lot to be thankful for, but I guess i just wasn't in the mood. Plus I knew I'd be the loser who fell behind. So I decided to wait and do a blog post with all 30 things that I am thankful for. These are in no particular order.
1. Having a relationship with Christ. It is hard for me to describe what this means to me without it getting all cheesy, and I really hate religious cheese, so that's it.
2. My hottie husband who makes me laugh and takes good care of our family.
3. My precious little boy and the privilege to be his mommy.
4. Health...Jackson's, mine, Jack's, and my mom's!
5. Cheese puffs...
6. Macaroni & Cheese (the way I made it for Thanksgiving with bread crumbs! YUMMMY!)
7. Creativity
8. The wonderful couple that keeps Jackson while I am working! I love them, but most importantly, Jackson loves them! It is like leaving him with grandparents all day!
9. Girlfriends who laugh at me when I am being dumb and cheer me up when I need it!
10. When Jackson takes 2 hour naps! I can get stuff done!
11. My mom....she knows me better than anybody on the planet! When I am having a tough time with Jackson like when he is vomiting on me, or refuses to drink his milk, or spits peas at me....I think, wow, my mom did this for me! I was such a jerk to her sometimes!
12. My mother-in-law! She is such a great grandmother, and a good friend!
13. Living in the United States, and actually living in Ruston, Louisiana. I have had the privilege of traveling to just about every state in the U.S. and I wouldn't pick any place else to live.
14. Music...we are such a musical family. If you were to peek in our window, you would probably see one or more of us singing and dancing in this house.
15. My job. I really love being a counselor, particularly in a junior high setting. It is always interesting, and fulfilling.
16. Clothes/Boots....I really love clothes....I love boots even more though!
17. Jackson's giggles. He can really get going, and you can't help but laugh too!
18. Our home. I can't believe we get to live here.
19. Nature. I have always been an outdoorsy girl. I love the trees this time of year.
20. The mac....after years of cursing the PC...I am forever a mac girl!
21. Good neighbors! We have two of the sweetest families living on either side of us! We have great baby sitters on one side, and great playmates on the other side!
22. Vacations. I really love family trips and the memories that are created!
23. Jack's job. He is so happy in his job and that makes such a huge difference in daily life!
24. Hard times. This time last year I didn't think I would ever feel better. The hard times make the good times that much better!
25. Books. I love to read and the chance to use my imagination!
26. Penny our dog....she really is the sweetest pet! Every day when we get home, Jackson says "dog" until we go and see her.
27. Lincoln Parish Park...how is awesome is that place! We go almost every day!
28. Modern medicine.....so many advances...it is crazy to think about how different things were even ten years ago!
29. Brownies with cream cheese icing....oh laws!
30. I am thankful that I have hope, love, laughter, and learning in my life everyday!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment