Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer...By the Numbers

So I posted at the start of the summer and now I'm posting at the end of the summer. That can only mean one thing. It has been a great summer!  This is my summer by the numbers....books read....6....hours lounged by the pool...4....items sewn....3....craft projects completed 2...kisses and hugs for my sweet baby boy....uncountable!  I have truly enjoyed my time at home!  I probably didn't get as much pool time as I have in summer's past or completed as many projects, but my time with Jackson has been so worth it!

As I near the last days of my summer vacation, I am overwhelmed...we are moving!  I've been packing for a week now, and I am no where near finished.  Jack is spending all of his free time at the new house doing some things to make our move and transition a little easier.  He is putting in the underground fence Penny this weekend, and tomorrow he is going to go ahead and child proof the cabinets.  The sweet ladies we are buying the house from are allowing us to go ahead and move our things in before the close.  There is no one in the house currently.  This is going to help out a lot!  So next Tuesday will be our last night in the Pinecrest house!  Wednesday we will move to Wayne and Polly's to stay until we close on both houses and have a little time to get things at least organized in the new house!  A week from today we are going to have a garage sale in our Pinecrest house to get rid of things we don't need, want, or use any more.  It will be an INDOOR garage sale because who could do anything in this heat!  We will have antiques, furniture, small appliances, televisions, clothes, purses, home decor, and much much more!  Okay I'll stop with the sales pitch! I just want it all to go and Jack doesn't want to move it!  LOL  Some come buy our junk!

I'm so excited about the new house, but I know it is going to be hard to leave our Pinecrest home.  We have so many memories tied to this house.  We completely remodeled this home from floor to ceiling...literally.   This is where we brought Jackson home from the hospital...this is where the Christmas tree fell on top of me...this is where Jack slid across the floor in his socks like in risky business...this house has my turquoise kitchen....this is where we have laughed, loved, and lived for the last 5 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment