So first off.....I had a great day with Jackson! He was a dream baby at the cardiologist's office! I swear I just want to drive over there during his normal colic periods and sit in the waiting room because I am sure that there is some sort of gas they have in the air vents that makes babies coo and cooperate! He smiled and flirted with all the nurses, made it through another EKG like a champ, and spent the afternoon enjoying all the attention! The best part....the VSD hole is definitely getting smaller! Not closed.... but smaller, and he is gaining weight! 11 pounds and 9 ounces! Soooo.....we don't have to go back until he is 6 months old! Our instructions are to keep feeding the boy, keep him away from crowds and kids as much as possible until we get through the cold and flu season, and come back in May!!!!! I couldn't have been happier! The only tears I cried all day were tears of joy when they listened to his heart, and told me it was definitely getting smaller!
Sandee came with us, and it was such a blessing to have her along. Since she will be caring for Jackson she wanted to be sure she knew everything that she needed to know about his heart condition. We love her so much! She even watched him for an hour so I could run to Wal-mart and pick up a few things. When I returned Jackson and I went for a little drive, grabbed a Sonic drink, and then returned home. We played on our matt, made smiles in our bouncy chair, and then.............well yeah, he did cry, but instead of letting it get me down, I made the most of our time by holding him closely on his side to put a little warm pressure on his tummy and rocking him in the nursery. He would fall asleep for a few minutes nuzzling down close to me, and then when his tummy would hurt he would cry out. We did this for over an hour, but I didn't feel like I would lose my mind. After his 6 p.m. bottle, we had our bath, put on our clean diaper and jambes, rocked for a few more minutes, then swaddled, pacifier and into the swing for the night. I'll feed him again at 9:30 p.m. but I am thankful he goes down quickly after this bottle. I was able to pack his bag for tomorrow, lay out my work clothes, eat some dinner, and do this blog post. I have a few dishes to wash and some clothes to fold, but right now life seems doable. That is a HUGE improvement from where I was just yesterday. I don't think that the coming days are going to all be easy. I am sure that I will continue to fight through the anxiety and depression, but today was a good day. I can say that without hesitation or doubt in my mind.
I continue to be thankful for all of the prayers and the support I get by writing this blog. It is really helpful to know that so many women have been through similar things or felt similar ways. It is always good to know that people are thinking about our family and praying for us.
Wonder if God will give us another full of night of sleep????? The best thing about God is that we can ask for anything! ;) We'll praise Him whether we get it or not!
Love to everyone!
awesome news!!
ReplyDeleteYeah! I'm happy too!
ReplyDelete