Monday, November 21, 2011

Baby Bliss

So I thought I would add another blog post so that everyone out there in cyber space would not be worried about me and thinking that I was drowning in postpartum depression!  My last post was a little "real." I don't know any other way to be!  This blog is only a snapshot into our lives, and from my perspective, in a fleeting moment.   I wish I could tell you that things have just smoothed right out since that post....LOL!  We started to hit a little groove at the end of last week.  My good friend, Jenny Crume, stayed with me for three nights, and helped me to solve the great diaper mystery!  My little guy needed to move up a size in diapers!  This was a major break through because I was having to change his diaper, clothes, and swaddling blanket every 2 hours prior to figuring that out!  We changed the little guy's formula to something that was to be gentler on his tummy and at first the switch showed promise.  We lost the umbilical chord, which made daddy very happy!  He was really freaked out by that thing!  We still haven't found it though!  One diaper change it was there.....the next it was gone.  Kind of freaky!

So now we have a beautiful, sweet, baby boy to enjoy!  Saturday was fun!  The two of us took turns with him throughout the day, and it was starting to feel like we had the hang of this baby thing.  Having Jack  and Jackson at home all day, all to myself was heaven!

Sunday we fell apart.....the unexplained screaming began.  We ran our check list...hungry?  No  (he just ate), Diaper Change?  Nope   Too Cold?  Too Hot?  nope, nope.....  In the last 24 hours Jack and I have done it all.....We went outside, we walked, we bounced, we swung, we swayed, we sang, we held him on towels on the dryer, and then we did monk style humming!  Our good friend Tram Jones who is about to have his own little bundle of joy, told us that his sister read in a book that babies would settle down if you hummed in their ear.  So Jack began this monk style humming.  Then I would join in until we were both laughing at ourselves because it was just so ridiculous. We'd regain our composure and start again in perfect monk unison.  But the real question is.....did it work?  Who the hell knows!  He calmed down a little and did go off to sleep that time.  He hasn't responded so well to it since then!  The good part about it was that Jack and I had a great laugh!

I've been home with Jackson all day.  I am pleased to say that I have kept it together!  Even through the constant screaming, and currently the little guy is enjoying a nap.  He's been asleep for the last hour and a half.  Probably because he wore his poor little self out.  He is sooooooo cute!  I know that this stage will change just as quickly as it came upon us.  We'll figure this out, just like we've figured everything else out!

We hope to give him his first tub bath this evening!  :)  More pictures will be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment